Friday 27 June 2008

Tagged for a Meme

Elle of Feeding My Enthusiasms has tagged me for a meme. It consists of a series of questions, some of which are a little different to the usual meme questions which makes it all the more fun.

1) LAST MOVIE U SAW IN A THEATRE?
Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull. I love the 1st and 3rd films and this one was pretty good too.

2) WHAT BOOK ARE U READING?
Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden – It’s a fascinating read about the life of a young girl growing up to be a Geisha in Japan. Its based on a true story and is a real eye opener.

3) FAVORITE BOARD GAME?
I used to love Cluedo as you actually had to try and solve the mystery each time rather than just leaving it to chance.

4) FAVORITE MAGAZINE?
Fresh! (UK Food Magazine)

5) FAVORITE SMELLS?
Lemon drizzle cake, Ground cinnamon & mixed spice, Amaretto, Nuts lightly toasting in the oven, Just baked bread, Melted dark chocolate, When my mums making marmalade, Nutella, Chestnuts, Stewed apple, Marzipan, Fresh rosemary & thyme…too many.

6) FAVORITE SOUNDS?
Rain pattering against the window – I find it very relaxing.
The wind rustling through the trees and bird song.
Good music.
The oven buzzer – something’s ready to eat.
Silence.

7) WORST FEELING IN THE WORLD?
Guilt - Realising or knowing you have done something wrong or upset someone else.

8) WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU THINK OF WHEN U WAKE?
Either ‘what shall I have for breakfast?’ or ‘Nuts is that the time!!?’ when I have woken up too early in the morning. (I hardly ever manage to go back to sleep)

9) FAVORITE FAST FOOD PLACE?
Don’t really eat fast food. But chips from a fish and chip shop are far better than I can make at home.

10) FUTURE CHILDS NAME?
Ohhh a hard one! It changes quite a lot. At the moment Harvey or Oscar for a boy and Hermione for a girl.

11) FINISH THIS STATEMENT—’IF I HAD A LOT OF MONEY I’D......
How much is a lot? I’m taking it to mean enough to be very comfortable. In which case I would buy a lovely house in the countryside with a huge kitchen complete with a walk in pantry and lots of gadgets. I would also give some to my family and go sightseeing round America and visit its many bakeries and cupcake shops.

12) DO U DRIVE FAST?
No. That’s not to say I drive slowly, I just like to stick to the speed limits.

13) DO U SLEEP WITH A STUFFED ANIMAL?
No.

14) STORMS–COOL OR SCARY?
I think storms are amazing things and actually quite nice to listen to when you are safe and warm in bed.

15) WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CAR?
I still have my first car. It’s a greeny/blue Ford KA.

16) FAVORITE DRINK?
Water. Boring but true and I drink more of it than anything else. Peppermint tea is nice too and I like Cider for a treat.

17) FINISH THIS STATEMENT-IF I HAD THE TIME I WOULD…
Write a book (novel) or daydream about what I’m going to do in the future.

18) DO YOU EAT THE STEMS ON BROCCOLI?
Yes! And raw too!

19) IF YOU COULD DYE YOUR HAIR ANY OTHER COLOUR, WHAT WOULD BE YOUR CHOICE?
I have never dyed my hair but I have been contemplating trying out a chestnut coppery colour.

20) NAME ALL THE DIFFERENT CITIES/TOWNS U HAVE LIVED IN?
Bedford – families home
Sheffield – for university
Leeds – on my uni placement year

21) FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
None. Not a sports fan at all.

22) ONE NICE THING ABOUT THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU?
Elle at Feeding My Enthusiams has a wonderful blog full of tempting recipes and amusing stories. She has a great writing style that makes you smile and feel as though she is talking to you face to face.

23) WHATS UNDER YOUR BED?
Carpet and boxes filled with baking tins that won’t fit in the kitchen

24) WOULD U LIKE TO BE BORN AS YOURSELF AGAIN??
Yes.

25) MORNING PERSON OR NIGHT OWL?
Mornings, I’m always up early.

26) OVER EASY OR SUNNY SIDE UP?
Sunny side up, although preference would be poached.

27) FAVORITE PLACE TO RELAX?
On my bed with a good book (recipe or novel) or in a squishy armchair watching a good film.

28) FAVORITE PIE?
Apple with plenty of cinnamon

29) FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR?
Hazelnut – it’s fantastic!

30) OF ALL THE PEOPLE U HAVE TAGGED, WHO IS THE MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND FIRST?
I couldn’t say. It depends on who reads it first and who has time to write first. I am tagging:

Gigi of Gigi Cakes
Anna of Cookie Madness
Deborah of Taste and Tell
Beth of Jam and Clotted Cream
Anne of Anne’s Food

5 comments:

Deborah said...

This sounds like a fun one that I haven't done before. I might do it on my other blog, though - I'll let you know!!

Gigi said...

This sounds like a fun meme! I can't wait to do this one!

Beth (jamandcream) said...

All done, haven't done one before!

Deborah said...

Katie - I just wanted to let you know that I did this meme on my personal blog instead of my food blog. You can see it (if you want to!) at http://joshanddeborh.blogspot.com. thanks!!

Deborah said...

Oops, I spelled that wrong: http://joshanddeborah.blogspot.com