Wednesday 26 May 2010

7 Things for 2 Awards

A while back the lovely Johanna of Green Gourmet Giraffe presented me with two blog awards.
The Kreativ blogger award and the Beautiful Blogger award. Thanks Johanna! I have had the pleasure of receiving the Kreativ blogger award in the past, so I’m going to pass on the Beautiful Blogger award.
This requires me to list 7 random facts about myself before passing the award onto 7 other boggers.

Without further ado, here are the 7 facts about me (apologies in advance for my rantings, if anyone is offended by my views it was unintentional)

1) Breakfast is my favourite meal of the day. Porridge, muesli, yoghurt, fruit, bagels, waffles, pancakes, muffins, toast, specialty breads and jams, granola, scrambled eggs, scones, toasted sandwiches etc etc. I love them all. It’s amazing what a wide variety of different food, tastes and texture you can have for one meal. They can be hot or cold, healthy or ridiculously indulgent. Even simple things like pouring hot milk on your cereal transforms it into a completely different breakfast experience. I normally eat quite a healthy breakfast, but the odd indulgent treat at weekends is great. I can’t understand people who miss breakfast or who eat exactly the same thing every day – yes have porridge every morning if you want but as least alter the toppings, add some fruit and cinnamon to it for a change – please!

2) Many people know that apples are one of my favourite fruits but recently I have switched my daily fruit of choice to be pears – they’ve got to be quite crisp though and eaten raw, whereas apples are good in any form.

3) I love going for long walks in the countryside but hate cycling. Walking is so relaxing and peaceful. You get to see and appreciate all the wonders of nature and can go by yourself or with a companion. Whereas cycling, to me, feel unnatural, you can’t really talk to other people while you are doing it and in the summer you get splattered with lots of little midges.

4) I’d rather be a little too hot than too cold in temperature.

5) My clothing seems to be going through a floral stage. The last three items of clothing I bought have all been covered with big prints of flowers. Not sure how this started as always used to avoid clothes like this.

6) I quite enjoy housework – ironing, hovering, washing up etc but find dusting a chore – not sure why.

7) I don’t like foods that taste too much of burnt caramel, I find it too intense and sweet. A little caramel is good, as a sauce or drizzle, but when its one of the main flavours I find it too overpowering. Hence I don’t like crème brulee or tarte tatin.

Hopefully you found those interesting and don’t think me completely crackers now. The 7 bloggers I wish to pass the award onto are:
Monica of Lick The Bowl Good – I ‘met’ Monica through The Cake Slice group and she is truly a master of creating delicious treats and cakes and has introduced me to some indulgent American bakes and pies

Rebecca of Ezra Pound Cake – she has a fantastic variety of delicious fresh recipes but its her fabulous looking cookies and bundt cakes that always have me racing to the oven

Patricia of Technicolor Kitchen – a fellow cake, cookie and dessert lover. She is truly talented and are photos are stunning

Samantha of The Caked Crusader – a woman after my own heart, a true cake lover. She bakes wonderfully deep and satisfying cakes and organises the London Cupcake Challenges – which I fully intend going to myself one day soon!

Marie of The English Kitchen – has a wide range of tasty, fresh, healthy and indulgent recipes. Great mix of sweet and savoury dishes, ideal when I’m stuck for inspiration

Hilary of Let Her Bake Cake – a fellow baking enthusiast. Some divine recipes and beautiful photography

Chele of Chocolate Teapot – she is always ready with a kind comment and has a whole host of delicious recipes using fresh seasonal ingredients

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Interesting insights and some new blogs to check out. Thanks!

Patricia Scarpin said...

Thank you for the awards and for the lovely words about my blog, you're too sweet, Katie!
xx

Chele said...

Congratulations on both your awards Hun and thank you very much for passing on to me ;0)
I'm with you on point 4 - much rather be warm than cold!

Monica H said...

Thank you for passing an award on to me. I appreciate it and congratulate you on receiving them as well!

Ooh I LOVE breakfast fo the same reasons as you. You can eat anything at breakfast time and it's completely acceptable :-)

#6- want to come over? ha ha!

Marie Rayner said...

Congrats on the award! I loved reading these special things about you. Thanks also for passing it on to me. I feel honored that you would include me in such fabulous company!! xxoo

Johanna GGG said...

lovely list - I agree breakfast should be full of flavour and variety - though I am better at this when I have time - or even better when I eat brunch out - blogging has been good for exploring breakfast options. I too have discovered crisp pears can be as good as apples and I love the sound of your floral prints

The Caked Crusader said...

Awwwwww, thanks!

Re your fruit disclosure - does that mean you'll be rebranding as "Pear and spice"?